IHES has been organising summer schools since 2006 to provide a hundred or so PhD students, postdocs and young researchers an overview of the latest developments in key areas of mathematics and theoretical physics.
Each year in the Spring and for a selection in June, IHES is calling for proposals for future summer schools to be held over two weeks. Their theme may relate to any discipline in mathematics or theoretical physics.
Hosting a summer school each year is an important element of the Institute’s scientific policy and IHES allocates significant financial resources to it. Securing additional funding is, however, decisive and the Institute encourages future organisers to make suggestions to that end, which can be discussed after selection. IHES can also offer assistance in preparing funding submissions.
Proposals for the 2021 Summer School will be examined in June 2018 by the IHES scientific council.
Deadline for submission : 6 June 2018
We invite you to submit a proposal including:
– The name and contact details of the main organiser
– The summer school’s theme
– The proposed title
– The dates chosen (two two-week periods are offered)
– A brief description of the project, its aims and proposed format (number of lectures etc.)
– The list of organisation committee members
– The list of scientific committee members
– The list of proposed speakers
– Confirmed and/or proposed funding
– Any additional comments