1 two-year postdoctoral fellowship -3 Six-Month Fellowships for combined stays at IHES and IHP
The CARMIN Project, created as part of the call for “laboratories of excellence” of the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research, aims at creating places where mathematicians can exchange and pool their skills in order to solve big scientific issues.
In the mathematics field, there are indeed a number of open scientific problems that cannot be solved by a single person. This “mathematical” infrastructure is essential for maintaining excellence in the French mathematical school at the highest international level.
In the frame of the CARMIN project, IHES offers :
– 1 two-year postdoctoral position without any particular requirements for candidates having obtained their PhD in mathematics or theoretical physics before September 2021.
– 3 six-month positions
The laureates selected for these positions will have to participate in the scientific life of IHES and attend one of the 3 thematic quarters at IHP:
– 6 September – 10 December 2021
Post-quantum algebraic cryptography
Organizers: Jean-Claude Faugère, Delaram Kahrobaei, Ludovic Perret, Vladimir Shpilrain
Pre-school, September 6th – 10th, IESC
– 10 January – 1 April 2022
Organization principles in living matter
Organizers: Luis Almeida, Vincent Calvez, Marie Doumic, Benoit Pertham, Patricia Reynaud-Bouret
Pre-school, January 10th – 14th, CIRM
– 11 April – 8 July 2022
Groups acting on fractals, hyperbolicity and self-similarity
Organizers: François Dahmani, Anna Erschler, Camille Horbez, Dani Wise
Pre-school, April 11th – 15th, CIRM
–The laureate of the postdoctoral programme will receive
– a salary and full health coverage
– free housing in the IHES housing complex
– access to the cafeteria for lunch Monday through Friday.
– a travel allowance to participate in scientific activities related to the project.
–Laureates of the 6 month program will a receive
– a daily subsistence allowance
– free housing in the IHES residence
– free access to the Institute’s cafeteria for lunch Monday through Friday.
– a travel allowance
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must be submitted online and should include the following documents:
– Duly completed registration form
– List of publications
– Short research project
– For postdoctoral applicants: 2 or 3 recommendation letters
Next call for applications: Fall 2021