Huawei Young Talents Program
Duration: 2 years
Within the framework of the Huawei Young Talents Program, funded by Huawei Technologies, IHES is opening five 2-year postdoctoral positions starting in September 2021.
The Huawei Young Talents Program fellows at IHES will develop their research on topics of their interest in mathematics and theoretical physics, and will have the possibility to collaborate with the Institute’s permanent professors. Topics could include (but are not limited to):
- Algebraic Geometry, Automorphic Forms, Diophantine Geometry and Topos Theory;
- Probability Theory, Statistical Physics, Mathematical Physics;
- Partial Differential Equations, Numerical Analysis and Modelization;
- Geometry, Dynamics, Subgroups of Lie Groups;
- Quantum Field Theory, String Theory, General Relativity;
- Artificial Intelligence, Tensor Neural Networks, Machine Learning
- Quantum Computing, and Quantum Mechanics.
- Information Theory
- Number theory
- Game Theory
- Random Matrix Theory
- Linear and Non-Linear programming
- Compressed Sensing and Optimization methods
The Huawei Young Talents Program fellows will receive a salary, have the opportunity to stay at the IHES housing complex. They will have access to IHES’ facilities (cafeteria, office space, library, seminar room, … ). A personal scholarship will be awarded to finance scientific travel.
The Huawei Young Talents Program offers:
– 1 position in Partial Diffferential Equations
The IHES promotes interactions between mathematics and theoretical physics. A rich interface is the study of PDEs: these equations can indeed describe the evolution of many physical systems, from the quantum scale to the cosmic scale. A post-doctoral fellowship will be available in this field, with a special focus on the following themes:
1) fluid mechanics
2) waves and dispersive PDEs
3) statistical physics and kinetic theory
4) general relativity
Contact: Laure Saint-Raymond, Frank Merle
– 1 position in Artificial Intelligence
We are looking for a postdoctoral fellow with a background in mathematics/applied mathematics/theoretical physics/computer science/machine learning to work on a project on automated theorem proving and formalisation of mathematics/theoretical physics.
Experience with dependent type theory formalisation systems (Coq, Lean)
Experience with functional programming languages (OCaml, Haskell)
Experience with deep learning frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch)
Contact: Vasily Pestun
– 2 positions in mathematics
– 1 position in theoretical physics
A 2-year postdoctoral position (potentially extendable for a third year) in theoretical physics.
Candidates with a solid experience in quantum and/or conformal field theory and interested in the bootstrap, critical phenomena and the renormalization group are encouraged to apply.
Contact: Slava Rychkov
Applications should be sent online and include the application form duly completed, a CV, a list of publications, a description of research project and future plans as well as 2 or 3 letters of recommendation.
Next call for applications: Fall 2021