——– IMPORTANT INFORMATION ——–
Due to the evolution of the health situation related to the Coronavirus epidemic, the conference will finally be totally online. The Zoom link will be sent in the confirmation mail.
A conference on “Algebraic Structures in Perturbative Quantum Field Theory” will be organized by Erik Panzer (University of Oxford) and Karen Yeats (University of Waterloo) at IHES. Organized in honor of the 60th birthday of Dirk Kreimer, the conference will be held from 16 to 20 November 2020 partially online and partially on-site.
Perturbative Quantum Field Theory
Perturbative quantum field theory is essential for precision calculations of observables measured in experiments like the LHC, and therefore it is crucial for our understanding of the physics of the universe. At the same time, it is an extremely rich source of connections to a wide range of active research areas in mathematics. For example, Feynman integrals give rise to interesting motives and periods in algebraic geometry, their renormalization rests on combinatorial Hopf algebras underlying Feynman graphs, and further relations to noncommutative geometry and the moduli space of tropical curves and outer space have also been discovered.
Besides, this growing program keeps expanding in both breadth and depth, and exciting young researchers are entering the field. Now is an opportune time to bring together scientists working on all related aspects, to review old and new connections, and to advance the state of the art. Lectures by established scientists will be accompanied by talks from young researchers, including a session dedicated to present and discuss open problems.
Dirk Kreimer, specialist of perturbative quantum field theory
Close collaborations between mathematicians and physicists have been absolutely key for this kind of research, and many were initiated by Dirk Kreimer. Throughout his career, he made substantial contributions across these topics and led students and collaborators to the profound mathematical structures in perturbative quantum field theory that we are aware of today. Dirk Kreimer spent a particularly productive time at the IHES, and it is an honor that this workshop takes place in its inspiring and interdisciplinary environment.
Invited speakers at the Algebraic Structures Conference are:
- Marc Bellon (LPTHE – Sorbonne Université),
- Marko Berghoff (Humboldt-Universität),
- Spencer Bloch (University of Chicago),
- Johannes Blümlein (DESY Zeuthen),
- Michael Borinsky (Nikhef),
- David Broadhurst (The Open University),
- Francis Brown (University of Oxford),
- Yvain Bruned (University of Edinburgh),
- Alain Connes (IHES & Collège de France),
- Gérald Dunne (University of Connecticut),
- Kurusch Ebrahimi-Fard (NTNU Trondheim),
- Loïc Foissy (Université du Littoral Côte d’Opale),
- John Gracey (University of Liverpool),
- Martin Hairer (Imperial College London),
- Ralph Kaufmann (Purdue University),
- Thomas Krajewski (CPT Aix-Marseille),
- Dominique Manchon (CNRS & Université Clermont-Auvergne),
- Sylvie Paycha (Institut für Mathematik Potsdam),
- Olivier Schnetz (FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg),
- Christian Schubert (Universidad Michoacana de San Nicolas de Hidalgo),
- Matt Szczesny (Boston University),
- Walter van Suijlekom (Radboud Universiteit Nijmegen),
- Karen Vogtmann (University of Warwick),
- Raimar Wulkenhaar (Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster).
For more information, please visit the conference webpage.